This beautiful royal Castle could be the venue for your civil ceremony. After all, it is the most important day of your life so make the fairytale come true! The ceremony would take place in our beautiful Great Hall conducted by the area Registrar.
For the adventurous you can then proceed to the open air for a romantic medieval handfasting ceremony – which includes jumping the broomstick to symbolise the sweeping away of your old lives and onto a new life together. The handfasting can be booked independently, following marriage elsewhere, or for renewal of vows.
Then you can have a champagne and canapé reception whilst the photographs are being taken before proceeding to your reception here in the Castle marquee, Great Hall or elsewhere.
- Civil Ceremony / Civil Partnership – £660. Please note that the Registrar’s fee is payable in addition to the fee charged by the Castle.
- Handfast during daytime/evening – £360
- Midnight handfast – £480
- Spakling wine and Canapé reception £6.50 per head.
- Champagne and Canapé reception £9.50 per head.
- Receptions (from 10 to 150) On application.